|Time Managment Information||
Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Time Management: How to Make Your Meetings More Productive
In most organizations, meetings are often the biggest time-wasters. With a bit of planning, it's possible to both shorten the time spent in meetings and to make that time more productive. Here's how.
* Let all participants know why you're holding the meeting, what's to be accomplished and what each participant is being called upon to contribute. This should be communicated well before the meeting.
* If any of the participants need to do preparatory work before the meeting, mention that fact. Don't take it for granted that such preparation will be taken care of automatically.
* If the meeting is a follow-up to an earlier meeting, circulate a copy of the minutes of the latter, even if it has been done before. This is especially true if there's been a significant time gap between the first meeting and the follow-up.
* Try to see that everyone arrives in time and is already seated when the meeting is due to begin. Someone walking in midway through a meeting can be a great distraction.
* Serving refreshments while a meeting is in progress is also a distraction. Set out refreshments before the meeting starts. Schedule breaks for refreshments if the meeting is to go on for several hours or a day.
* Make copies of all necessary papers. Passing around a single set of documents for everyone to read is highly unproductive. Yet, it's surprising how often something as simple as this is not taken care of.
* Stick to the point. Whoever is presiding over the meeting should be ready to intervene if someone is digressing from the topic. Beating around the bush is a huge time-waster.
* Minimize interruptions from other participants when someone is speaking. Others can respond when the person has finished speaking.
* All cell phones must be switched off. Calls on land lines should be deferred as far as possible.
* The meeting should end with a summary of the main points covered and the conclusions reached. You should also spell out who is responsible for each specific action to be taken, along with a timeframe. Later, a written communication covering all these points should go out to all participants.
Making meetings more useful is all about using a commonsense approach. Stick to the above guidelines and watch your meetings become far more productive.
Burt Carlson is a top corporate executive whose passion is helping people get more out of life by managing their time better. He has written on developing time management skills, organizing your workday, eliminating procrastination plus many other topics.
Time Management - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Measure Your Time Against Active Inactivity
We don't realize many things we do until we draw our attention to them.Active inactivity doesn't occur only now, it can occur later unless you catch yourself doing it.
Desktop Management Boosts Productivity
Many of us spend long hours at our desk. To assist make the most of every day we need to focus on creating an environment condusive to work.
How to Find More Time in Your Day-Balancing Career and Family
Goal Planning-Achieving balance in a person's life requires assessment of one's goals and priorities. This translates into sitting down in a quiet atmosphere and taking just a few minutes to think about "What are my priorities in life? What could I never live without?" When one is clear about the things that are important to them in life, it is easier to determine which errands, assignments, and projects to take time out to complete or to dump or delegate.
Low Tech Time Management
A simple kitchen gadget is transforming my life. I don't know why I never thought of it before.
Could you use a "Stop Doing" list?
One of the tried and true organization and time-management tools is the trusty old "to do" list. I was trained to diligently put one together at the end of the day for the following day, and whatever tasks I failed to complete, to carry it forward.
What To Do When Youre Short On Time And Long On Need!
Everyday life can present us with opportunities to make us squirm. Countless numbers of tasks that we are juggling can cause dead lines to make that big swishing sound as they go flying by us.
Time Management Tips - How to Have a Filing System That Works
Recently I was working with a new client who had invested hundreds of dollars for a records management organisation to set up a filing system for his business.The system looked impressive.
Time Management - The Ultimate Oxymoron
Get a grip. Is it possible to manage time? Can you make the clock run faster? Can you make it run slower.
Save Yourself Hours of Time in One Easy Step
If you have spent any time at all working at marketing on the web, you will have a long list of affiliate programs and membership sites that you have joined. You may also have a long list if websites that you run.
Isn't It Time For You?
Does it seem like there is never enough time in the day? Why is there plenty of time for everyone and everything but ourselves? The fact is that you only get one shot at this life so it is important to spend it doing something you love. The good news is that you have a choice, you can continue to go on being overwhelmed letting time and life slip away, or you can make the time and start living the life you really want.
Do You Have The Time?
Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. Psalms 39:4.
Mercury Retrograde and Time Management
The concept of Mercury Retrograde is very well known even among non-Astrologers.It is an excellent example of the use of Astrology as a planning tool.
Are You Running Out of Time?
Here's some time management tips to try:1) Set strict office hours and stick to them - use an answering machine to pick up calls after hours. Don't be tempted to "pick up just one more call".
Make Time Work For You
Any habit of mind or body that interferes with taking decisive action contributes to your tendency to procrastinate. Think about your good habits and the environment that leads you to be most productive.
Sharpen The Saw
Sometime ago, my lovely wife woke me up in the middle of the night and said, 'Dayo, you know what? I feel neglected.' I was speechless.
Busy, Busy, Busy
?busy, busy, busy, busy, busy?busy, busy, bus? OK, slap me with a wet diaper! Enough of that silliness. Most you know what I'm talking about though, right? That's us! Busy.
9 Business Time Management Skills You Need To Succeed
Do you have plenty to do, but don't have enough time to do it all in? These days it appears there is a mad scramble to accomplish more in a shorter amount of time.As a business owner, there will be times that you feel overwhelmed with tasks you want to accomplish, but seem to never have enough time to complete everything.
Effective Time Management - Delegating Techniques
Do you manage your time or does your time manage you? Do you start your day knowing what you want to achieve today and how you are going to achieve it?Time management is a skill. You should learn the basics and learn how to implement it.
How Would You Like to Capture Some Time?
Women's health issues often are focused on goals to reach: getting thin, moving up in the corporate world, having a child, taking a vacation, meeting Mr. Right, fitting in exercise or making sure you are eating your vegetables!Well, I hope to help you start at the beginning to capture moments of time that will help you build a foundation to support that very busy, goal directed life.
Boost Your Productivity with 10 Minutes at the End of Your Day
Once you have completed your day you can boost your efforts for tomorrow with an investment of only 10 minutes. Apply these strategies at the end of your work day and you will definitely increase your productivity.
MyIdeal Domain Is For Sale - $8,000 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.MyIdeal.biz - 2012