|Time Managment Information||
Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Isn't It Time For You?
Does it seem like there is never enough time in the day? Why is there plenty of time for everyone and everything but ourselves? The fact is that you only get one shot at this life so it is important to spend it doing something you love. The good news is that you have a choice, you can continue to go on being overwhelmed letting time and life slip away, or you can make the time and start living the life you really want. Yes, this is easier said than done, so here are ten strategies, some old and some new, to help you gain control over your time.
1. Become a problem free zone. Yes, problems happen in life, and there are ways to proactively limit your exposure to those problems. You can limit your exposure by creating strong boundaries, developing reserves, and creating systems that will prevent future problems. What are some systems that you can develop right now that will prevent you from having problems in the future?
2. Create enriching free time. So often when we do have free time we spend it on some mind numbing activity such as TV. Devote some of your free time each week doing something that really enriches your life. Do something that makes you feel fantastic and blissed out. The rest of your week will get a big boost and you will find that you are effortlessly getting things accomplished.
3. Be present. When you have committed to spend the time, are you present? Or are you thinking about the other things that you have to do? Often when we are at work we are thinking about the things we have to do at home and when we are home we are thinking about the things we have to do at work. As a result, we never focus on what we are currently doing. This drains your energy because when you are focused on feeling guilty you don't produce the results you really want which leads to problems. Focus on what you are currently doing and concentrate on putting in a 100% effort and you will see strong results with fewer mistakes.
4. Set intentions for the day. Setting intentions for the day is much different than having a to do list. Setting intentions for the day involves clearly articulating what you want from that day. Your intentions for the day could be anywhere from cleaning out your desk to looking for and seeking out abundance from the day. The key is focus, so do not set more than three intentions for the day and center your activities around those intentions. This is much lighter than a to-do list, which tends to drain your energy and can keep you from feeling accomplished.
5. Develop healthy energy sources. Your body gets energy from any source it can find regardless if it is negative or positive energy. The difference is that negative energy sources leave you feeling drained, discontented, and restless while positive energy sources leave you feeling happy, peaceful, and energized. Which one sounds better to you? Develop healthy energy sources by creating reserves of time and money, by eating right and exercising, and doing what makes you happy. Your day and your mood will feel much different and you will go to bed with a feeling of peaceful satisfaction.
6. Say "no". We often cause our own time problems because we cannot say no to requests. It is understandable that you want to help people but why are you willing to sacrifice your own well being by being over committed? If a request is going to leave you feeling resentful, angry, or taken advantage of, definitely say "no". You will feel a huge sense of relief.
7. Get rid of commitments. We often make commitments that don't really add value to our goals, our vision, or our lives. If you want to create more time in your life you have to start being very selective about the activities in which you participate. Really look at your current commitments and ask yourself, "Is this how I want to spend my time? Does it make me feel good? Does it help me move closer to my goals?"
8. Slow down. Rushing has become a way of life for most of us. Even when we don't have to rush we still do. Have you ever asked yourself, why am I rushing? Only to discover that there was no reason at all. When you rush around you are not present in your surroundings, you are often distracted and frazzled, which will cause you to make mistakes and take up even more of your time. Become aware of this adrenaline rushed feeling and make a conscious decision to slow down. Slow your walk, slow down your speech, take a deep breath, and do what it takes to mentally and physically slow down.
9. Under promise and over deliver. We have all heard this phrase but do we actually do it? Part of our time pressure is caused by over promising when we don't have to. Give yourself more time to complete a project then you think you will need and deliver it early. Your days will not feel as frantic, you will be getting your energy from positive sources, you will do a better job, which helps create your problem free zone, and you will feel good about your accomplishments. This is a win/ win for everyone.
10. Really understand that you control your time, not the other way around. Most of us feel like we are victims to time when in reality you control your time and how you utilize it. Start utilizing it to your advantage by having it work for you.
Hopefully this has provided you with some ideas on creating more time and using time to create a more fulfilling and enriched life. Remember that you control your time, your space, your life, and that it is your responsibility to create it on your own terms.
About The Author
Jen Ottolino is a Personal Coach who works with individuals to eliminate blocks to success. She partners with people to actively attract the life they know they deserve, but haven't quite managed to achieve. You can visit her website at http://coachjen.com and discover articles, tips, and strategies designed to enhance your life purpose. She also publishes the bite sized weekly newsletter Little gems to subscribe send an email firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe.
Time Management - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
What To Do When Youre Short On Time And Long On Need!
Everyday life can present us with opportunities to make us squirm. Countless numbers of tasks that we are juggling can cause dead lines to make that big swishing sound as they go flying by us.
Creating A Not-To-Do List
When I sit down with a client to work on prioritizing and delegating, the biggest challenge we face is deciding what kinds of activities and responsibilities to give up. Quite often, we get so entrenched in what we think we SHOULD be doing, that we forget to pay attention to what we ENJOY doing.
Time Invested Wisely = Your Dreams
This past Friday I was asked to speak with a person, who just signed into a home-based networking business -- which I know is one of the most effective entrepreneurial methods for an average person to achieve true financial success. My entire conversation/coaching session with this individual was based on the simple theme of working your plan and committing long-term with no thought of ever quitting until the achievement of your ultimate outcome.
Managing Time to Accomplish More
Time is inelastic. Despite what some of us persist in believing, it will NOT magically expand to accommodate all we have to do.
Could you use a "Stop Doing" list?
One of the tried and true organization and time-management tools is the trusty old "to do" list. I was trained to diligently put one together at the end of the day for the following day, and whatever tasks I failed to complete, to carry it forward.
Writing a Thank You Letter for Meeting
I have a habit of sending a thank you letter for meeting after any meeting I attend. People often tell me it is not serious and out of contest but I believe a thank you letter for meeting is necessary for any decent business man.
Save Your Time - Delegate!
Frustration is when an obstacle blocks your ability to achieve a goal. You know it is still possible to achieve it, but you just have no idea how.
Time Management for Sales Pros
According to a Miller Heiman 2003 Sales Effectiveness Study, over 60% of sales organizations are being pushed to increase results with reduced budgets and fewer salespeople compared to last yearWhether you are a sales rep or a sales manager this information is probably not a surprise to you. Simply put, the current business climate demands you work smarter and not harder.
Will Your Epilogue Be - I Got All My Emails Done?
Work life balance is the new Holy Grail; that search for nirvana; the need to find peace and contentment, the desire to achieve that fine sense of equilibrium that we can be happy with.For some people that means not working at all but, for many it means being happy with the amount of hours they spend at and think about work and are equally happy about their none working hours; whether that be time spent with family and friends or time spent participating in sports, music or other hobbies or indeed just relaxing doing nothing in particular except just being!However, the achievement of this perfect balance seems to escape so many people and I believe that's because the important things and I mean the truly important things, get overtaken by the urgent stuff! Of course important to you may be different than important to me, but I bet neither of us would wish the sum total of our lives to be an accumulation of the achievement of stuff, trivia and emails!So many people say that vacation time is important yet they rarely take a vacation; so many people say their health and "keeping fit" is really important to them yet they rarely do any exercise and eat on the run most of the time; so many people say its really important to plan their time effectively yet they fire fight from day to day.
How to Find More Time in Your Day-Balancing Career and Family
Goal Planning-Achieving balance in a person's life requires assessment of one's goals and priorities. This translates into sitting down in a quiet atmosphere and taking just a few minutes to think about "What are my priorities in life? What could I never live without?" When one is clear about the things that are important to them in life, it is easier to determine which errands, assignments, and projects to take time out to complete or to dump or delegate.
Taking Time Off For Your Business
As a business owner, wouldn't it be great if you could take time off whenever you needed to? Unfortunately, most small business owners worry that the business will fall apart if they're not there to mind the store. Too often, they simply lack the appropriate resources for their business to keep going in their absence.
Peace Of Mind At The Workplace
Work brings together people of different characters and behavior, and this often causes friction, resentment and stress. Sometimes the boss is too demanding, colleagues may be unpleasant, there might be too much work or the working conditions may not be comfortable.
Time Management: How To Get More Done
If you can regularly ask yourself "Am I regularly and consistently working on those items that will move me towards my clearly defined goals?" and honestly answer "Yes" then you are probably doing ok.If not, here are a few time wasters to be aware of and some strategies for protecting your time (priorities).
The Power of Limited Time
The most powerful resource that we have is time. Everything we do is time-dependent and changes forever with the passage of time.
Controlling Family Chaos - Time Management for the Family
Balancing a family's varying schedules can be near impossible. Soccer, hockey, dance, skating, Brownies, Scouts, skiing, swimming, school activities, homework, not to mention play and sleep time, fill our children's lives.
Pacing Yourself Through Change
Todays Overload: Tommorrow
Whatever providence has in store for us tomorrow is not meant for us until tomorrow. It is foolish to burden ourselves today with cares and concerns that belong to another day.
Organize Your Time
Most people want to start a home-based business to make more money to supplement their income. The issue though, is finding the time to make this happen.
Low Tech Time Management
A simple kitchen gadget is transforming my life. I don't know why I never thought of it before.
Productivity at Home
Increased productivity, the ability to get more value for our time, our land, or our invested money, is as important at home as it is in the workplace. Let's consider the case of our imaginary friend Jane, and her grandmother.
MyIdeal Domain Is For Sale - $8,000 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.MyIdeal.biz - 2012